The Clark Art Institute is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). We are actively engaged in a serious, institute-wide initiative to examine every area of our programming and operations to make sure that our commitment is reflected in everything that we do.
Current and recent work include:
- A staff-wide DEIA Advisory Group has been formed and is working to assess current operations and programming, to support staff training, and to make recommendations so that internal practices for staff —as well as external relationships and programs with and for the public— are informed by principles of DEIA.
- The Clark's Board of Trustees has formed a DEIA and Engagement Committee to address DEIA considerations at a leadership level and to ensure that the Institute’s commitment to these principles is integrated into all areas of the organization and its practices.
- The Clark is currently formulating a new strategic plan and, with the full support of the Board of Trustees, DEIA principles will
be incorporated as core values in every phase of the Clark's planning for the future.
- Working with the approval of the Stockbridge-Munsee Mohican Community, the Clark has developed a Land Acknowledgement statement.
- The Clark seeks to make its buildings, campus, and programs accessible to visitors of all abilities.
We encourage you to explore our website to learn about other initiatives, and we welcome your comments and suggestions as we move forward. Please click here to leave feedback.