Massachusetts has a series of travel restrictions in place for visitors arriving from out-of-state. Please click here for the latest information on travel requirements and guidelines before planning your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Clark! We have a deep and sincere commitment to our responsibility to provide all visitors with the safest environment possible in order to comply with Massachusetts guidelines for helping to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 during these challenging days.
The Clark is operating in compliance with the travel order set out by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Under this order, only visitors from states deemed "low risk" are welcome to enter Massachusetts without quarantining. Visitors from all other states must complete the Massachusetts travel form and meet the quarantine and testing requirements set out in the order.
The Clark requires all visitors to attest that they are in compliance with the Massachusetts guidelines. If you cannot confirm your compliance, we are unable to provide entrance to the Clark and invite you to plan a visit at a later date.
Prior to your trip to the Clark, visit https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel-order to ensure that you are in compliance with the current travel order. This information changes frequently, so please consult the state's website prior to traveling to the Clark.
We consider our visitors as our partners in this effort and ask that you note and observe the following protocols during your visit for your own safety and for the safety of others:
- Advance ticket purchase is required. Visitor contact information will be collected at the time of purchase to provide a record in the event contact tracing becomes necessary. Clark members do not need to make reservations and can make a visit anytime with a valid membership card or membership confirmation email.
- Timed ticketing is in place to manage the number of people in the building at any one time. Please plan to arrive at the Clark within the first hour of your assigned timeslot in order to guarantee admission. Late arrivals may need to be accommodated later in the day. Visitors may stay as long as they wish in the galleries and on the grounds.
- In compliance with Massachusetts regulations, all visitors must wear face coverings, indoors and outdoors, at all times. Children under five years of age are not required to wear a face covering.
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times. Maintain at least six feet of distance between other visitors at all times. Security officers will assist in ensuring safe practices.
- Please follow capacity signage and other directional indicators in galleries, retail spaces, and all public areas.
- Please practice regular hand hygiene during your visit. Hand sanitizing and/or disinfectant wipes stations are provided throughout the buildings and outdoors.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to anyone with the virus, or have been advised to self-quarantine within the last ten days, please delay your visit to a later time.
- To provide low-touch engagements, we recommend you download the Clark’s app on the iTunes or Android stores ahead of your visit to access additional information during your visit. Free wi-fi is available in all Clark buildings.
- Take advantage of the Clark’s website, clarkart.edu, to access additional information, maps, gallery guides, etc.
- Brochures and maps are available on-site and can be obtained in special packaging from the admissions desk.
Please note our current operating protocols:
- Rigorous cleaning and sanitization practices of all public areas will occur throughout the day.
- Visitor capacity is reduced at this time and is controlled in all buildings.
- Clear panels are in place at the admissions desks, Museum Store, and Café 7 for the safety of visitors and staff. Please respect social distancing restrictions in these areas.
- Credit or debit cards are preferred, but cash is also accepted for on-site purchases.
- Outdoor seating options are extremely limited.
- Large bags and/or umbrellas are not permitted in the galleries; coatroom and locker facilities are available and are cleaned daily.
If you have any questions regarding your visit, please contact our Visitor Services team at 413 458 2303 or by email at [email protected].
Thank you in advance for working with us to ensure the safest possible experience. We look forward to welcoming you to the Clark!