We look forward to welcoming you to the Clark! We have a deep and sincere commitment to our responsibility to health and safety issues and are working to ensure that our visitors and staff members have a comfortable experience in the safest environment possible.
On June 15, Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker rescinded the Commonwealth’s state-of-emergency. Accordingly, our current operating protocols have been updated:
- Advance ticket purchases are required. Clark members do not need advance reservations.
- Facemasks are optional (but still welcome and encouraged) for all fully vaccinated individuals. Non-vaccinated individuals must continue to wear face masks at all times while inside our facilities (except when dining in Café 7).
- Fully vaccinated Clark staff members have been given the option of continuing to wear face masks if they choose. Please respect their choice…and the choices of guests who may opt to remain masked.
- All visitors are free to remove their face masks when outdoors.
- Social distancing is still a good idea—please be mindful of other guests.
- Hand sanitizing stations are provided throughout the venue and outdoors for your convenience.
- If you are not feeling well or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, have been exposed to anyone with the virus within the last 10 days, or have been advised to self-quarantine within the last 10 days, please reschedule your visit to a later time.
- Rigorous cleaning and sanitization of all public areas occurs daily.
- Clear panels are in place at the Admissions desks, Museum Store, and Café 7 for the safety of visitors and staff.
If you have any questions regarding your visit, please contact our Visitor Services team at 413 458 2303 or by email at [email protected].