We look forward to welcoming you to the Clark! We have a deep and sincere commitment to our responsibility to provide our visitors and staff members with the safest environment possible and are operating in compliance with Massachusetts and federal guidelines to help to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Special Notice for Out-of-State Visitors
Currently, the Clark has travel restrictions in place for all out-of-state visitors. All out-of-state visitors to the Clark age 11 and up must be able to attest to compliance with one of these conditions:
- You have received a negative result on a COVID-19 test administered not more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Massachusetts OR
- You have been fully vaccinated more than 14 days prior to your visit (i.e. you have received two doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines OR you have received a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) and you are not exhibiting any symptoms of the virus (Note: You will be asked to show your CDC vaccine card at our Admissions desk.) OR
- You have self-quarantined for 10 days after entering the state.
If you can meet the attestation requirement, the Clark will be happy to welcome you. If you cannot attest to qualifying under these conditions, we are unable to provide entrance to the Clark and invite you to plan a visit at a later date.
- Advance ticket purchase is required. Visitor contact information will be collected at the time of purchase to provide a record in the event contact tracing becomes necessary.
- Timed ticketing is in place to manage the number of people in the building at any one time. Visitor capacity is reduced at this time in compliance with Massachusetts regulations and is controlled in all buildings.
- Please plan to arrive at the Clark within the first hour of your assigned timeslot in order to guarantee admission. Late arrivals may need to be accommodated later in the day. Visitors may stay as long as they wish in the galleries and on the grounds.
Berkshire COVID-19 Code of Courtesy for All Visitors
The Clark is part of a Berkshire-based consortium of cultural organizations that has developed the following unified “COVID-19 Code of Courtesy” that addresses public safety for all of our visitors. These guidelines have been reviewed and endorsed by the Berkshire Public Health Alliance and meet Massachusetts and/or Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.
- Masks are required of all visitors and staff while on the property, including when outside, and regardless of vaccination status. Masks should fit tightly and meet CDC guidelines. At the Clark, one mask is required, but the use of two masks is strongly recommended. Gaiters and scarves are not a substitute for a multi-layer mask. Masks may only be removed while seated in areas designated for eating or drinking. Children under five years of age are not required to wear a face covering.
- Social distancing should be practiced at all times by keeping six feet between you and others who are not in your party, and by following all single direction and spacing markers. Security officers will assist in ensuring safe practices.
- Regular hand hygiene should be practiced during your visit. Hand sanitizing and/or disinfectant wipes stations are provided throughout the venue and outdoors.
- If you are not feeling well or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, have been exposed to anyone with the virus within the last 10 days, or have been advised to self-quarantine within the last 10 days, please delay your visit to a later time and contact us to discuss rescheduling options.
- We appreciate your respectful cooperation and adherence to these guidelines. If you feel that you cannot comply with our COVID-19 Code of Courtesy, we ask that you refrain from visiting the Clark until such time as you can comply or these requirements change.
- As the conditions of the global health pandemic are ever-evolving, these guidelines are subject to change and will be updated accordingly.
Further Information for Visitors
We consider our visitors as our partners in our efforts to conform to all Massachusetts guidelines for operations and ask that you observe and respect these protocols during your visit for your own safety and for the safety of others:
- While at the Clark, please follow capacity signage and other directional indicators in galleries, retail spaces, and all public areas.
- To provide low-touch engagements, we recommend you download the Clark’s app on the iTunes or Android stores ahead of your visit to access additional information during your visit. Free wi-fi is available in all Clark buildings.
- Take advantage of the Clark’s website, clarkart.edu, to access additional information, maps, gallery guides, etc.
- Brochures and maps are available on-site upon request and can be obtained in special packaging from the Admissions desk.
Please note our current operating protocols:
- Rigorous cleaning and sanitization practices of all public areas occur throughout the day.
- Clear panels are in place at the admissions desks, Museum Store, and Café 7 for the safety of visitors and staff. Please respect social distancing restrictions in these areas.
- Credit or debit cards are preferred, but cash is also accepted for on-site purchases.
- Outdoor seating options are extremely limited.
- Large bags and/or umbrellas are not permitted in the galleries; coatroom and locker facilities are available and are cleaned daily.
If you have any questions regarding your visit, please contact our Visitor Services team at 413 458 2303 or by email at [email protected].
Thank you in advance for working with us to ensure the safest possible experience. We look forward to welcoming you to the Clark!