Trowel used at the cornerstone laying ceremony for the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, August 27, 1953
The Clark Archives were established to preserve, organize, and make accessible the Institute's historic records. The primary components of the Archives are the Sterling and Francine Clark Papers and the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute Records. All archival materials in both collections are documented in guides that are open to the public and fully searchable.
The Archives project was made possible in part through grants from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission, the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and the Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation.